Monday, December 04, 2006

NYWC 2006

I just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to Youth Specialties and the volunteers and staff who I hung out with this last week. I was encouraged and affirmed by you all. I made some great contacts and connections with a lot of folks who are helping me find my next position in which I will serve Jesus. Continue to pray for me and my family. The new youth ministry part does not scare me and my family as much as the where we will live part. We have a significant set of roots planted where we are now and uprooting will be painful. God will help us through it, but it is hard to take that step with confidence. We know that once we are on the other side of the dicision and the move we will look back on all this and see God at work all througout. I heard just today of two specific storyies of how my former youth ministry and volunteers are still reaching kids and changing their lives. Way to Go guys. It makes me feel good to know that all that was built and planned is still affecting lives. I would like to take credit, but even as I write this I am reminded that it is God who changes the lives and reminds others to minister. May God bless those of you still serving at MBC.
I have to admit that a short time ago my ego wanted MBC to fail due to anger for how I and my family were treated but that would not honor God in any way at all...only me and I am not God and as we all learned here at the convention, we are supposed to point others to the LIGHT cause we are not the LIGHT. May we all do our best to keep our egos in check.

No comments: