Friday, January 19, 2007

SOLD?




I think we just sold our house here in Yakima. We had an offer yesterday that we countered and they accepted contingent upon bank approval and inspection. Feels very odd and sad at the same time to think that our home that we have lived in, improved and made memories in will be occupied by strangers. The prayers prayed and the bible studies held will all be just a memory and the space in which these sacred acts happened will now be used by strangers. I know this is a reality that happens daily in the lives of people, but it just feels wierd that folks we don't know will be eating at our new kitchen island, cooking meals on our stove, watching TV in our living room, staring at our new custom fireplace built by dear friends. Reality is hitting us hard. But God has our best interests in mind so we walk by faith that HE is in control of our wild lives. We are amazingly blessed beyond what we deserve both spiritually and materially. This reality is easy to overlook but is really the more important reality. It is not about us, but it is all about You Jesus. We apologize for trivializing your presence, your reality, your sacrifice, your calling, YOU.

Thanks for Grace and forgiveness.

1 comment:

jules72 said...

Hello,
I'm not sure that you have ever heard of me, but I used to be great friends with your wife Debbie. Her father was the pastor at my church in Escondido, CA. I read through a couple of your blogs, and my heart goes out to you and your family. I don't know exactly what you are feeling, but I do know the pain of separating from everything that is familiar. We are very good friends with our church's former youth pastor and his wife, when they felt the call to move on it was very devistating for us. It still pains me today after 15 months. I miss them dearly, and I know they miss us too. I saw how dreadful it was for them to say goodbye to everyone they held dear, and I still see the pain that they go through today as they hear about life moving on without them, watching thier youth group grow up and graduate, get married, whatever the case may be. The amazing thing is though, that they are still smiling, and trusting that God has thier best interests at heart. It is a wonderful blessing to see that through the pain is still joy. My prayers are with you and your family through this tough transition.

P.S. Ask Debbie if she still talks to the kitchen sink in the middle of the night!!! LOL!!!

Tell her I think about her and Brenda more than they know, and I wish we could see each other again.

Keep smiling ~ God is in CONTROL!!!, Juliet Herrman