Friday, August 08, 2008

Better to be out, but more painful

Why is it that when you are in a situation you can't see how wrong you are? But once you take a step out, or are asked to take a step out, you see how badly you needed to be out of that situation in the first place.

It seems at some times in life our growth or the growth of an organization is stifled by others that are in control. Once an individual leaves they are in a better position to see this than when they are actually in the situation. The exit is usually painful, being fired or asked to leave or just to leave out of frustration, but wow, the freedom to grow and expand. To follow your passions that for years were being pushed down or stifled by the powers that be.

Then the question arises..... Who guides or tells the 'powers that be' that a change needs to take place in them not in everyone else?

I am happy to be in a place where I am encouraged to grow and the organization grows with me. I write this in response to others who are in a bad place and it frustrates me how they are treated, which is why I am glad that I am not in that place now.

No comments: