Thursday, February 19, 2009

We should stand out.....so why don't we?

As I read in Romans 12:1-2 and read in the context of Romans 11 it is amazing the grace that God showers upon us. Oh the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How he made possible for us Gentiles to have access to God the father through his son. The manner in which he allows this access is humbling by itself. Giving of a one and only son to save a wretched people....in the words of YS Seriously Ridiculous.

Now in our world today which is so anti God, anti absolute truth, anti standards for those of us who say that we pursue Christ why don't we stand out more? Why don't we look more different? The more I submit to the standards of God, the more the world will not make sense and the more I will not make sense to the world, but I do. I do make sense to the world. Should I?

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed, be renewed, be different. Am I?

What we have been doing for generations is not working. Baby's die in the place that they should be most safe...in the womb. Sin is sanctioned, allowed, legalized, made permissable... Just because it is permitted does that make it right? Since when does a standard of the world trump God's standard stated in his word?

When is it right to say that a person Loves the Lord and reads his word but yet does not do what it says? Especially in such places of leadership and influence where these statements are said, in our capital and in our media. Are we supposed to be doers of the word not just readers of it?

What we have been doing for generations is only sinking us deeper into a pit of sin, sanctioned sin, selfish desires, selfish pursuits...

We who are followers of Christ are supposed to stand out, so Why Don't WE?

1 comment:

Aly K. said...

Yeah, you know that always gets me too... I don't know. We're supposed to stand out, but... I dunno. I suppose it's just way too easy to try and blend in. Thanks for posting here, Pastor Darin. That was interesting.

-Alison K.