Sunday, September 24, 2006

my resignation?

my heart is broken and my emotions are hurt as The leaders at our church asked for my resignation. I am somewhat speechless as i process this decision that came as a shock to me as well as I am sure many of you. According to them they do not feel my leadership is a "match" to where the church is going. So after 11 years of ministry they gave me a 24 hour notice to turn in my resignation and then a week to clean out my office.

Please pray for me and my family as this will probably mean we will have to move away from our home for the last decade. My calling is to youth ministry and it was decided that I will no longer be able to serve here in that capacity. I will still be around the community as i search for where God is calling me and my family. This will be especially hard and confusing for my kids so please pray for them as well.

We love all of you so much and cry at the thought of not watching you grow into what God wants you to be. as I have taught you for many years about faith and trust in God's plan I now get to practice on my own.

No comments: