Friday, September 01, 2006

When God says "GO"

I am preaching on Sunday the 3rd and i am going to preach about stories. we all have a story, but some point in our life we have to recognize that I am not necessarily writing my story, but I am living it. Sometimes my real story is not the story that I tell others. At some point I allowed God's story to intersect with my story and I have never been the same. God's story....the Gospel... is an amazing, life changing story that we are told to tell. Told to tell...sounds funny.

When God told Philip to "GO" in Acts 8, he first went and waited for further instructions. Then when he got to the initial place of being sent he got more instructions. ( Acts 8:26) "Go south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem..." Philip went and upon arriving God gave him the next step, "Go to that Chariot and stay near it" (8:29). I wish my instructions were that clear. Go there and do that right there. That, right there, in front of you, right there.

I (we) allow so many distractions and noise into my (our) life that i cannot hear the faint whisper of direction or even the loud, neon message. I know that I am to GO, that is easy, but now what is the question I (we) struggle with. But it is not really that difficult. As we go, look for the opportunity. It isn't rocket science, just shareing stories. telling the story of your life and how it intersected with God's story. When God says "GO" that is what he really means. simply to GO. the rest we will learn along the way.

No comments: